Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Happiness

for women 5′9″ and over. gap tall. your favorite styles specially fit for your taller frame. exclusively online. size 0t - 16t and xst - xlt. longer sleeves, lower armholes, lower waistline, longer length, lower knee positioning, longer inseam.

This post is dedicated to my Happy Thursday.  It started when I looked on-line and saw that a shipment of clothes that I had ordered had arrived at 5:30 a.m. in Ames.  I knew it was only hours before the package would be in my hands.  This made me so very excited and terrified at the same time.  I went out on a limb and ordered a pair of yoga pants, and a few shirts that weren't maternity.  Maternity stuff doesn't really fit me that well, and I get stuff, convince myself I'll wear it, and then watch it hang in my closet because it looks so bad on, that I can't bear to take it off the hanger.  Then there are my normal clothes that don't fit me either.  Its a depressing turn of events...that happens most days...I put something on, and walk out to the mirror, turn around and repeat the process about 4 times.  Only to stop because I'm late to be somewhere, or a crying little boy lures me out - never because I actually am happy about my choice.  Well, not any more my friends.  I ordered Gap SM TALL.  I have fallen in love.  Pants still make me want to cry, but when my shirts are long enough, I can forgive the lower half of my body for stinking at looking o.k. in clothes.  So for all you long torso, or frustrated pregnant people out there...dry your tears! We can be happy in an isle other than socks and belts and shoes!  speaking of shoes...

my husband got me some for my birthday, and now, I have cute comfy shoes, and comfy long clothes to keep me happy all fall/winter long.

shallow?  I don't think so...I prefer to think of myself as efficient..I have better things to do than try on clothes all morning, and better things to think about all day than being uncomfortable in my boxy mid drifts.
yay! for not having buyers remorse for the first time in a long time!

happy fall everyone! & happy shopping!
:)


No comments: