Friday, August 24, 2012

After being here 2 weeks, I knew I liked the set up of our house, it just felt a little cold...so here is me -  attempting to make it cozier...  With the weather the last couple mornings (low 70's with a slight breeze) early morning quiet time with the rocking chair right in front of the sliding screened door, and a great cup of coffee...AHHH!  I'm talking, so good it makes you want to get up at 5:30, kind of good...anyway, enough typing -  here's some photos:

I was careful in cropping this photo because this wall still kinda looks big and bare, but I have no vision for it yet, so it shall remain simple.  (ps: that's homemade creamer in the mason jar, and although i'm not in love with it, I'm excited to experiment.  Creamer is expensive and essential to the well being of my house.  A problem that needs to be solved!...

Two mornings in a row I woke up at 5:?? and sat and stared at this wall and back at 3 blank canvasses. I wanted so badly to stay purposefully simple, but felt pressure to do otherwise...Well my conscious won in the end, and I ended up with exactly what I wanted.  This was before our budget got  faith stretchingly tight, and I justified spending $10 on the canvasses, and $12 on the paint...well, I ended up not liking the first paint so $12 became $24ish and my boring wall cost me $35 ish.  I regret it now, but I've been able to use the extra paint a bunch of places, and hopefully I've learned my lesson on forcing myself into patience...:)

This room isn't my favorite, but I'm at a loss for ideas.  the center of the squares spell lewicki...I'm sure this room will change eventually...

I want my baby back!

love those chubby thighs!

He melts my hear every time I walk by!

:)

He's a reader like his Daddy!




1 comment:

Tara said...

I like the red with the blue. I may have to do that in the homeschool room!