Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baptism Sunday

Hey!  Blogging is so great.  You see, I like to talk a lot and sometimes people are interested, and sometimes they aren't.  But this way, I get to blab all I want, and you can either read it, or skim it, or just look at pictures and criticize (don't act like you've never done it!), and we're all happy.  I don't have to worry about calling you at an inconvenient time, and you don't have to stress about whether to answer my phone call or not...sigh.  Technology is wonderful!

Well, I was talking to my mother in law the other day on the phone, and she was asking about all those little things that make you feel at home...church, grocery store, etc...and this is what we've found so far...

Grocery stores are tricky.  They all have decent sales, but I am not talented enough, nor do I wish to spend the time or gas money, to go to 5 different grocery stores to get their deals, and then having to creatively meal plan before or after, to actually use those specific groceries.  AHHH!  no thank you.  Well, after store #3 (or#4?) I found Kroger.  The selection is pretty good, I really liked their fruit and vegetables,  and they had ground beef for under $3...YAY!  its not exactly as close as the other options, but its ok.  I did a big expense trip Friday night and our fridge actually looks happy. :)

We also found a church we really like.  http://trinitychurchvb.com/  We met McKenzie last Saturday and she was very welcoming and invited us to their Sunday services.  She, McKenzie, was also going to be helping their children's church and since Violet had warmed up to her Saturday, it seemed like a comfortable plan for Sunday.  It's about 20 minutes away and they meet in a Westin Hotel in Town Center.  Last week as we entered I felt my guard going up as I thought "Wow, this is cool, and they have Starbucks Coffee.  They must be compensating for lack of subsistence."  Well, I was wrong.  They use a phrase - "The glory of the old, with the promise of the new."  And that is how I would describe their Sundays thus far.  The worship is very declarative of God's character, their is purposeful liturgy, the messages have been solid in Biblical content and the people seem genuine.  So, we decided to go a second service which they were holding at the beach.  They have 2 locations and a total of 3 services, and this Sunday they unified for a beach service at Neptune Park for worship, teaching and ocean baptism.  It was a great service again (although I didn't get my coffee before we left and my children don't have black out shades, so this momma was groggy!).  Here's a couple photo's from the service, and our afternoon at the beach!

Neptune Park

Coloring available for the kids during church


Benjamin getting fidgety 

not being able to sit still even for a picture




My beachy babes combining church and swimming  attire


The Neptune statue : this is actually the beach Joel and I saw when we visited in January

Sand + Church = happy

Baptisms

swim trunk look alikes :)

DOLPHINS!  you can see how close they are to the swimming area

I was soo excited about them :)



He LOVES the waves







She kept stealing my glasses getting sand in my eyes...I'm not sure why I'm smiling here because it wasn't making me happy! 



I think she loves the waves even more than Benjamin does :)

Here she found a pretty black shell with a pearl :)

Joel and Violet have this game when a wave comes she yells "Oh boy oh boy!" It's adorable. :)

her pretty shell






and this is when they got tired...We now have sand EVERYWHERE...van , house, ears...everywhere

Violet showing off her dirty feet?

Sand wresting...the new olympic sport :)


TAKE ME HOME! :)


No comments: