Thursday, August 12, 2010

24 weeks

Today I got to hear sweet Ms Littler Lewicki's heart beat.  It took much longer than normal to get the heart rate, because although we found the heart beat right away, this chick is a mover.  She's crazy when I sleep, she's crazy when I'm awake, she did somersaults during the ultrasound and continued to do gymnastics and kick today.  We finally got a heart rate of 140.  I'm getting tired just thinking of  the fact that she doesn't seem to need sleep!

We were also excited to get to the 24 week mark on Tuesday.  After I bled for so many weeks, my Dr. wanted us to be aware of the risks of pre-term labor.  But the bleeding stopped at 19 weeks, and our little girl has stayed put.  YAY!  PRAISE GOD!

I had a list of questions this time.  They were questions that aren't important enough to call from home, but when I look on line for answers, I'm never confident in the website/source.  One thing I asked about were the holidays and travel with my due date being just days after Thanksgiving.  She has no problem with me traveling 3 or 4 hours away, but Joel's family is 8 hrs away (minimum) and she wasn't excited about that.  She advised not to.  I also asked about turkey lunch meat and Pella Bologna sandwiches. She said if I avoided every risk I'd live in a miserable bubble, so meat from a deli counter with health codes and what not, is a minor risk.  She just advised avoiding anything I know has sad out or Jimmy Johns delivery etc.  YAY! 

She's happy with my weight gain, which is pretty opposite of my pregnancy with Benjamin.  At 24 weeks, I've gained about 11 lbs which is 9 less than last time at this point.  Who knew not eating Mc Donalds every morning and having 2 or 3 diet cokes a day would actually make a difference?!?!  haha :)  I still really wish I could have a Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit every morning, and I would wish I could justify a bowl of ice cream every night but thankfully I can't afford a Mc D' run every morning, and we think Joel might be lactose intolerant, so I feel too bad eating ice cream in front of him!  Other than that, I really just want water ALL the time, and really get excited about fruit.

Well, 16 more weeks!  The next 4 months are busy, and will go by just as fast as the summer has.  Praying for her health and safety during the last little bit of her incubation!

No comments: