Monday, August 30, 2010

3 more months

Hey - I know I just posted a long and detailed message about my firstborn, but I wanted to take a second to jot down some current realities of little miss, before I forget...and I forget a lot lately! :)

God continually reminds me of the miracle of life.  I am embarrassed at how easy I forget how miraculous pregnancy is, and even how quickly I forget how unsettling the first 19 weeks of this pregnancy was.  Just the other day I was telling someone that so far this pregnancy has been uneventful...um, hello...did I forget that I bled for 9 of the first 19 weeks, and was scared out of my mind?!?!  I guess its a blessing that the last 8 weeks have been great and have almost wiped away my memory of the unpleasantness of the previous weeks.  I just dont want to stop being thankful, and recognize the true gift that life is.

So, yes, the last two months have been very calm, and although I feel like I've popped out quite a ways the past couple weeks, I'm still not hugely miserable, so its easy to be pretty happy go lucky about life.. I'm not sick, not bleeding, and not uncomfortable...yay! I have a working scale for the first time this whole pregnancy, and am thinking about taking the batteries out.  I stepped on it and realized I haven't really gained much weight since my apt two weeks ago, and got scared the baby wasn't growing...I proceeded to eat a whole pizza for supper (it was small!)  I get a little extreme when I see numbers, so good'bye scale!

It is getting less fun to pick up Benjamin and hold him for long periods of time.  And although we walk a lot, going up hills makes me feel like the most out of shape person on the planet.  I don't like that much.

She continues to wiggle like CRAZY, and I think she gets the hiccups a lot.  Either that or she is VERY rhythmic!

Well, thats about it.  I can't wait for cooler weather so I can stop DYING from the heat.  I HATE it.  I can't stand my maternity pants because they poof out by the zipper, looking awful, and have SO MUCH fabric.  I can't stand it...Overall I have LOVED being pregnant in the summer, except my failure to buy maternity capris, and overheating problem...also, I obviously dont fit well in normal clothes, but am not good at wearing pregnancy clothes - my bump isn't shaped right, and my stomach is too long.  Dresses work best, but with a long torso and bump, they get pretty short, pretty fast.  alright, thats enough complaining.  Overall, I'm so thankful for the ease of the last few months, and my current pregnant state...I really have a lot to be thankful for.

Keep praying for Lil Miss Littler.  I again have been reminded of God's hand in life and death, and pray that He would keep this little one safe and healthy in this growing process!

No comments: