Thursday, October 7, 2010

32.5 weeks

I'm feeling un-inspired to write this entry.  My hope in doing so, is that the excitement I truly feel about this little girl, will surface above my incredible tiredness, overwhelming schedule, and embarrassing forgetfulness.  

First off - The FACTS:
  • Heart rate - 155 - She was rolling around when we were listening today at my Dr. Apt.  It shot up from the 140.  I think she was frustrated she didn't have more room to wiggle.
  • "She" gained a pound in the last two weeks.  I was pretty excited about this because the last couple apts. weren't showing any change, and that made me feel like she wasn't going to be a fat and happy baby...but we're good now, and I can stop justifying multiple helpings at meal time, Frappe drinks from Mc Donalds, and the Doritos that I might have eaten in the corner today so Benjamin didn't see me. :)
  • Along with gaining weight, she is growing in length like a champ!  Today we were measuring 33 weeks.  
  • My back hurts a lot...sometimes I don't realize how much it hurts and I just get crabby.
  • I'm sleeping horribly.  I sleep fine for 3-5 hrs...then wake up.  If I dont get out of bed and do something, I just lay there and go in and out of sleep every 15-30 minutes.  But if I get up, I can usually go back to sleep after an hour or two or three.  The problem is, there aren't enough hours in the night for me to be all willy nilly with my schedule, before Benjamin wakes up.  There could be worse problems...but I don't enjoy it
  • Although I seem annoyed sometimes, its so great how active she is.  She seriously doesn't stop moving.  Now its too the stage where its not just constant feeling but i just stare at my stomach and watch it shift...weird.
On an exciting note...My friend who has a 3 1/2 year old girl, and excellent taste, is having a garage sale this weekend.  She let me go through her clothes today pre-sale, and I came out with embarrassing amts of clothes.  I'm hoping she was serious and not just patronizing me, when she said she didn't mind how much I take.  Unfortunately the majority of my findings were 12-24 months...Either she better be one big baby, or I will need to find something for this chick to wear the first couple months...right now, I'm just hoping for limited diaper blow outs!  Also we're borrowing another baby gate  from a family friend, for the top of the stairs, so that I can go back and forth from the LR to their bedroom/changing table a million times a day without stepping over the gate.  This will be nice to give Benjamin some freedom also...at least when i want him to be free.

I haven't done a thing to get ready for Miss Littler beside wash some neutral clothes from Benjamin, and a few things from Duck Worth.  I guess I emptied the left side of the dresser for some storage options.   I still need to decide on a moby wrap? color? used or new?...bring the bassinet upstairs...decide if I want her to be a pacifier user...think about a double stroller...nice ones are SO expensive, and cheap ones are MISERABLE to push...In my head I'll just push him, and wear her...make a diaper bag decision (I sold the one I used for Benjamin, and now I'm just using a beach tote)...maybe get some infant diapers, and decide if I'm waiting to do cloth with her right away at home...Most of these things involve decisions and I'm not doing well with making any concrete decisions right now...I've still go 7.5 weeks, whats the rush!











Blossom bumGenius 3.0 One Size Cloth Diaper


Well, thats about it!  I'll leave out the info concerning my tolerance for a very messy house, overdue library books, business tax procrastination, and lazy parenting that has resulted in Benjamin knowing that he gets to come out and watch t.v. with me one time, after I already put him down...Those things will all go away once I have her, right?!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

You can borrow our stroller for a while and see if you like having a double. It will be nice when Benjamin is still small. My boys resist the stroller most of the time but boy it comes in handy when their little legs get tired. You are more than welcome to use ours and see what you think.