Tuesday, October 26, 2010

35 weeks

Well D-day is fast approaching.  I feel really weird about it.  I'm super excited to meet my baby.  I'm excited to see Joel with a girl.  I can't wait to find out how Benjamin reacts to sharing Mom and Dad.  (or maybe I can...)  

But, other than washing some clothes, I feel totally unprepared.  I haven't figured out an exact plan of what Mr. Benjamin will do while we're in the hospital. (I don't like to think about it...)  I don't know my plans for 2 weeks after my Due Date, when Joel leaves for Colorado (5 days).  I haven't even thought about a birth plan. (other than getting her out)  I didn't make a decision about diapers...cloth/disposable...but will probably do pampers right away and then transition to Target for the first couple months, by default (and her Daddy's prompting)  I don't really care if I have an Epidural or not.   I'm not sure what Plan B is, if it doesn't work for her to sleep in our room.  And Joel and I have only talked about her name once...I think...crazy.  

Possibly the craziest reality that I am attempting to grasp, is that I am having a baby, an infant, but I am not going to have the Benjamin experience over again.  I don't mean, sleeping/eating patterns, or boy vs girl.  I mean that I'm never going to have just one baby again.  I don't get to give her all my attention, all the time.  Along with that, I don't get to give Benjamin all my attention anymore either.  There is nothing I can do to prepare for that, at least not that I know of, but I think its maybe good, that I've thought about it.  Hopefully that keeps me from either ignoring Benjamin when she comes, or getting slightly depressed that Benjamin's not my baby anymore.  I can see both happening, so I'm just trying to eat up Benjamin time right now, and get excited for his new role in life...as well as mine - mother of two!  (that sounds weird)

On to some details...Miss Littler is still much wigglier than all the books say she will be at 35 weeks.  I keep forgetting to ask my OB if it means she is little, with a lot of room in there, or if she's just feisty.  Her heart rate was 150 and she's measuring right on target.  I dont really know if I gained weight at the last apt.  It goes so fast, and when I looked at the number, it didn't look like it.  I know I should be able to just weigh myself at home and figure it out, but I forget what it was two weeks ago, so I can't tell if its the same, or if I gained 1 lb.  It doesn't really matter.  She said "weight looks good".  So whatever that means...Once I got hydrated, I stopped feeling like I was in labor, so that was good.   Not good, is that the "electric feelings" down my right thigh have started (I had them with Benjamin) and they hurt so bad.  I'm sleeping pretty good.  I wake up a lot to go to the bathroom, but don't have problems going back to sleep. My only complaint is "restless leg syndrome".  You laugh, but its real, and its awful!   I sometimes wake up at 6:40ish, but its nice to have 20 minutes to get ready for Benjamin at 7:00.  I starting loving coffee.  I only have one a day, but still its not my proudest moment.  I went to Target and got delicious creamers today, so that I quit going through Starbucks.  I also LOVE shepherds pie.  I liked it before, but I LOVE it now.  Poor Joel.  We have it a lot.

Joel walked into the kitchen last week and said, "holy nesting!"  I denied it for some reason, explaining to him that cleaning many of the cupboards ect, had been on my to do list for a long time, I just hadn't gotten around to doing it yet.  In retrospect, however, I guess I have begun to nest a little.  I've sorted through onsies a couple times, rearranged dresser drawers, made sure bedding was washed, sorted some cupboards in the kitchen, sorted the closet...etc.  When I was afraid of early labor, I realized people might stay in my house with Benjamin, and I suddenly panicked!  

Well, 1 more week before I will "allow her" to come, and 3 1/2 weeks before "I want" her to come.  5 more weeks before she's "supposed" to come, and 6 weeks, till I take her out myself, if it hasn't happened naturally.  

Happy growing baby girl!



1 comment:

Kristin said...

yahoooo!! I was just thinking, I wonder how many weeks she is now, I should check her blog. And boom, there it is, the post named with the week that you are with a wonderful description! So excited for you guys!