Thursday, August 11, 2011

Benjamin's turn...

Two posts ago I was insane, last post was pretty concentrated on Violet so I guess it's Benjamin's turn...

Today was a fantastic day.  It started a little too early, but Violet went down great for her morning nap, and Benjamin and I got some awesome outside time with Bubbles and Bugs.  He was shaking with excitement.  Our neighbor came home and Benjamin was talking so fast and incomprehensible to poor mr Rick...I think he's hard of hearing anyway, but Benjamin's ramblings about bugs and trees and bubbles and planes was a bit much!  We found this beetle, and before I knew it Benjamin just picked it up, and carried it everywhere.  I wish knew the difference between safe bugs and the "other" kind.

Benjamin also answered me with "sure", today.  I know this doesn't seem note worthy, but his inflection and attitude matched it perfectly.  It was hilarious.

He wants to "touch" everything, from planes, to semi's, to garbage trucks, to birds....he's obsessed with touching EVERYTHING.  He's also getting a little jealous of the games that I used to play with him (peek a boo, so big, songs with names inserted)  If I sing it with Violet we HAVE to sing it again with his name.

Our big news of the last month is that he is very successfully sleeping in a twin bed!  I feel like he's waking up a half an hour earlier, and we usually lay with him 5ish minutes to get to sleep, but all in all, he's sleeping like a champ!

Next order of buisness (besides his sisters night time sleep) is potty training!!!!   It's always something, isn't it!








No comments: