Thursday, August 11, 2011

Violet portion of the post con't

The following isn't entertaining nor is it witty, just a "snap shot" of current lewicki life...
So last night I began a post and was interrupted by sweet Violet needing a late night snack.  Now that I'm back to finish the post I realize how tired and nonsensical I was last night.  Ridiculous.  It was titled "Stop Growing", but should have been labeled "momma's going crazy".  Maybe I'll try again.

Although last week I would have described Violet as a "bad sleeper", Now I will say she is "unpredictable".  She took two great 2 hr naps yesterday and 2 good naps today.  Her second one was "only" an hour and a half so I put her to bed early tonight.  She loves her new schedule(the past 3ish weeks)

  • wake up & nurse (lately 6:15ish  )
  • Breakfast 
  • Nurse & Nap 2 hrs after we woke up 
  • Lunch between 11 and 12
  • Nurse & Nap between 12 and 1ish
  • Nurse @ 4
  • Supper @5:30 (and sometimes again when the rest of us eat)
  • Bath @ 6:30 or 7:00
  • Nurse when she acts tired
  • Bed by 8
I might have already posted that I got a schedule example off of http://www.babycenter.com/.  Its pretty close to the example they give for nursing stay at home moms.  When I was at my wits end a few weeks ago, I just copied it down, and told Violet that the next day when she was crabby, I would just look at the next thing on the list to determine our activity.  It was amazing.  When I'm consistent she seems to follow.  Who would have thought...!

Her nights are awful.  She's waking up after 2ish hours.  This is a new development over the last week and 1/2.   She was getting up once at 1:30, and then sometimes one more time before she got up at 7ish.  Now, She goes down at 7 or 8, wakes up sometimes at 10 or 11, occasionally has a two or three hour stretch, and then every hour and a half till her 6ish alarm clock.  I have to stop feeding her more than once a night, and either bouncing with her or patting her back while she cries, but I'm so tired and it seems like an unbearable amount of work when i think about it in the middle of the night.  maybe this weekend...Did I mention she's back in our closet???

I know that last night I talked about how mobile she is.  Its insane.  She follows Benjamin and I EVERYWHERE, and only wants the toys he's currently playing with.  There is no longer the ability to play the "distracting game".  I think she's going to be walking in about 2 months.  I'm pretty sad about it. 
Although I can't argue that she is a definite mommas girl, I don't think she's as bad as I was at her age.  (from what I'm told).  This is very happy news for Joel.  In fact this last week I worked quite a few hours, and she was soo good for him, with great naps, and fun play time, and only lost it from the time I walked in the door to the time it took me to pick her up.  

I think I also said last night was her first stern voice from daddy and momma has continued it all day when she screams for attention or more food.  It doesn't take anything but a stern "Violet" or "No", to bring out the pouty lip and silence.  It must be addressed or we are prepared to lose all friends and invitations to social events.  Its ridiculous.  

Joel and I know she has strong resemblance of her brother, but lately have seen more and more of momma.  She has these "crazy eyes" as Joel calls them.  They come out when she catches you looking at her, or when I bring her to bed with us in the morning, and she curls up and tries to convince you that its time to play, or when you get up real close and tickle her...Joel says we both have the same manipulative crazy eyes.

We sure love her a lot and as excited as we are to see her little character unfold, we would mind if time slowed down just to let us drink in this phase of life.  In the meantime, I'll just keep pushing her down so she isn't tempted to walk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GewZfLskUuM - its pretty non eventful, but a quick look at the well rested version of violet!

No comments: