Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stop Growing!

I'm so tired right now that I wrote the title for this post, and then just stared at the screen, thinking about what I was going to write, instead of just typing.  Exhaustion happens to all mommas.  Some in the infant stage while nursing frequently, some when the have crazy busy toddlers, some when the have children in multiple stages...but my baby isn't an infant anymore, my toddler is kinda calm(this is questionable), and I "only" have two kids...however while helping one sleep uninterrupted in a big boy bed, and one just sleep more than 1 or 2 hours at a time, I have reached my limit!  On a happy note, Violet took a two 2 1/2 hr naps today, and I'm hoping that not being sleep deprived will help her sleep longer stretches.  I don't have a very optimistic attitude.  History prevents it!  (I know she has one tooth coming in, and I feel like she is going through her 9 month growth spurt.  I've stopped giving her tylenol, because I think its side effects for her include the inability to sleep.Its like I shoot caffeine in her veins.)

I didn't mean to start so negatively.  When Violet is well rested, she's sooo great.  She plays by herself for super long periods of time if she just has a bucked of random toys in front of her.  She's super mobile.  Have I blogged about that yet?  I can't remember.  She went from crawling, pulling herself up, standing for long periods of time, and taking a step or two in a little over a week...Right at 8 months  She's trying so hard to keep up with her brother.  His train track building operations have been seriously compromised.  We're working on sharing, and having patience.

Speaking of patience, Joel and I had to have serious patience(and kind of failed) at supper.  Benjamin has starting taking a bite or two at the end of the meal, and leaving it in his cheeks.  Its the same food he's eaten the entire dinner, but for some reason he just refuses to swallow.  He will make the swallowing motion, he will make the sound, he will take drinks, yet the food remains.  Tonight it ended in gagging and spitting it up...any suggestions?

He also has another new/odd habit.  He will randomly either lie face down, straight a pin on the floor, or curl up in the fetal position if he feels sad, embarrassed, or other similar emotions.  I've seen him do it mostly when he is around his friends and occasionally just with me at home.  I'm trying to either just let him have his time, or talk him through it.  Any thoughts?

His new phrases are "Bery Hot" "not working" "mmmm good" "Help please Momma" and we're working on "no thank you".  He is so stinking funny right now, and we're having to stop talking about him, in front of him.  He's much too aware of whats going on.  He also has this new thing, when we say "no", he asks again with a smile, and then a bigger smile, etc etc etc.  Manipulator!

Back to Violet, yesterday afternoon was her first good nap in a while, and today she took two of them.  This is worth repeating because we were starting to forgot how happy and cuddly she was before this sleep boycott.  Her cuteness carried us through the stubborn sleep issue, but her happy/sad/exciting/hurt scream that is always the same tone, and always soo loud was driving us a little batty.  Joel got stern with her for the first time tonight, telling her to be quieter, and I wish I had her pouty lip and tears on film.  It isn't good that sometimes I think she's cutest when she's sad!  

Her constant and only phrase is "babababababa".  Benjamin loves to repeat her. Well,I hear her, so I gotta go, write more later!

No comments: