Sunday, November 23, 2014

My 4 yr old Violet

Oh my sweet sweet Violet.

My favorite thing about her little self is her humor.  I don't think anyone has a clue how funny she is when its just B and V and I home throughout the day and she flies by the seat of her silly little pants.  She is also so so smart, and although her formal lessons are months apart in frequency, she picks up information from EVERYWHERE and spits it out at the craziest times...shocking us with her knowledge!  She has so very much personality in that little body and she is soo maternal!  It tends to be guided by the desire to control, a little more than the desire to help, but its also because she normally knows how to do things, and wants it done right!  She reminds me lots of cousin Audrey and cough*Aunt Tara*cough.

She loves using silly voices, gets frustrated because when her brother plays legos, his lego men don't talk to her and is tough as nails when she gets hurt and its not convenient to look weak or miss out.  She is shifting from wanting momma ALL the time to crying for Daddy at nap time and running to him after work/school and staying by his side until he removes her.  Violet has a hard time following through with obedience when it seems momma or daddy are distracted, and picking up without supervision is possibly the hardest thing in the world.  I think the biggest difference in Violet from 1 or 2 years ago, is her heart starting to show guilt and regret.  She was a touch cookie who seemed unaffected by discipline consequence or her own wrong doing.  But her heart is softening and she seems to be reacting with repentance lately.  This is opposite of her big brother so it has been tricky to "parent the same" in expectations and rules, but somewhat very differently when it comes to communicating and following through.

Violet has an obsession with cardigans, leggings, hair styling, cheese, singing, independence, pictures and having company...always.  She hates jeans, scratchy textures, solitude, picking up, following directions EXACTLY, and vegetables without ranch.  Songs like, "you are my sunshine" make her cry EVERY time (because of the lyrics - "When I awaken I was mistaken and I held my head and I cried")  She can't figure out why they weren't there and its the most terrifying thought to her tender self.

I Love her so very much and am so thankful for the last 4 years.  She gives us so much Joy and I'm so  thankful God saw fit to have her help shape our little family.  Here are some pictures of our fun weekend!  Thanks to great friends, and a loving Daddy we were able to celebrate Violet with a party, special breakfast, and a new bike!  I want to give an EXTRA shout out to my friend Nikki who is to thank for the cute party decorations and help setting up!  I cut a few things out from my couch, but her crafty self wowed me with a surprise banner and snowflakes that made the house look magical and a little girl feel VERY loved.  Here are some pictures of our BIG little girl and her birthday weekend!

her personality to a "T"

fun with friends! Ready for cup cakes!

my friends adorable banner!

the popcorn got in the way of the candles, and the video didn't take, but she loved her cupcake nonetheless

yum!

a winter wonderland :)

who wants more cupcakes!

:)

pin the tail on the bunny!

pretty impressive for being first in line! :)

Daddy kept moving it around for Benjamin's turn

pretty little Eden

I know we have one better than this, but here is Benjamin with all his women :)

waiting for her gift (before Mommy ran out of storage on her phone!)

Birthday morning Swedish Pancakes

licking the syrup from her plate

"I just want to pose like this momma!"

She partied and then she crashed (with her make up gift adorning her face!)

he got a haircut after the party.  I think he's pretty handsome :)

:)

un-edited.  She got some make up for her birthday (gulp) and while she was playing with it, the light from the window and her sweet little face were just too much!

:)

lovely blue eyeshadow



Daddy switched from straight razors for himself to giving Benjamin a hair cut for the first time.  I was impressed :)

my roles from my resting positions were limited, but I managed to cut a few circles.



No comments: