Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving from the East Coast

My day was filled with many moments of sadness that I wasn't with family in the Midwest, but it was NOT short of Thankfulness!  We had such a delightful day which started off with a delicious breakfast made possible by my friends potato casserole and Joels extraordinary Sunny Side Up eggs, toast and sausage!  Then we crashed on the couch to watch the Macy's Day Parade (which was actually the low point of the day...why such provocative songs on childrens floats?!?!).  Violet is still trying to fight off this crazy cold, and Joel had a sleepless night, so the two of them napped for 45 minutes, and then we somewhat lazily got dressed to join our besties at their adorable home for an intimate and small yet extraordinary Thanksgiving feast.  It was the best Thanksgiving Dinner I've had in years, and it was all provided by my dear friend Gwen.  Somehow we didn't get any pictures of the food, but we did manage to snap some photos of the other highlight of the day...the people!

my morning date

everybody should have a fireplace :)

craft time with miss Gwen

after his 4ish hours of sleep, and no luck sleeping during Violets nap we hoped for a turkey induced coma. Score!

cheesy girls!

soo thankful for this guy!

the two pregnant ladies
picture one and my thought was: oh wow!  I'm showing lots less then my other pregnancies. I must be eating better than I thought!

and then I grew in the 30 seconds between these two pictures! my baby was just playing peek a boo! ;)

We are thankful for much this year and especially a day of TRUE rest before these last 2 weeks of finals!  What a fantastic friendship and 3 year tradition of Thanksgiving Celebration together! Thanks for being great hosts and incredible friends Ray Family!


1 comment:

Gwenyth said...

heart. heart. heart.