Wednesday, February 17, 2010

77 BOOKS



About two weeks ago, Benjamin and I made our first trip to the library.  I have been to libraries before. I have been in many new places with Benjamin.  I read over 9 books to Benjamin a day!  However, none of these facts prepared me for the vast array of countless books on countless shelves and boxes and the smallness of my little boy, and my lack of knowledge of children's books.  What kind of books did I want to bring home?  How many new books would be appropriate for a 2-3 week period.  How was I going to carry them and Benjamin from the check-out counter, to the car, in the rain?  Add to the story that we were on a time crunch...

Well, since then, I have vowed that my next visit to the library will have a plan of action, will not have a time restraint, and will be one of the highlights of the week.  With that as a goal, I spent a little time researching books.  I am far from done, and haven't had the time to look at many of these books in detail.  However, part of the joy checking out books is that I can preview the book, with Benjamin right on my lap, for free.  So here is a list of books, that we can check out and check off the list.  We'll see how long it takes us!

  1. the pokey little puppy
  2. tootle
  3. saggy baggy elephant
  4. scruffy the tugboat
  5. where the wild things are
  6. eloise
  7. we're going on a bear hunt
  8. freight train
  9. the napping house
  10. the happy egg
  11. fast food
  12. where's my teddy
  13. counting kisses
  14. sheep in a jeep
  15. corduroy
  16. a pocket for corduroy
  17. how i became a pirate
  18. are you my mother
  19. diary of a worm
  20. everybody poops
  21. cookie count
  22. i hope you dance
  23. i know a rhino
  24. baby baluga
  25. brown bear brown bear what do you see?
  26. llama llama mad at momma
  27. five nice mice
  28. duck and goose
  29. grumpy bird
  30. pip and squeak
  31. the runaway bunny
  32. mike mulligan and his steam shovel
  33. the carrot seed
  34. swimmy
  35. harold and the purple crayon
  36. the rainbow fish
  37. the little engine that could
  38. fox in sox
  39. go dog go
  40. my book about me
  41. opposites
  42. peek a boo i love you
  43. dinosaur stomp
  44. barnyard dance
  45. my friend rabbit
  46. the grouchy ladybug
  47. the monster at the end of the book
  48. the pout pout fish
  49. olivia
  50. horton hears a who can you?
  51. home run!
  52. where's your smile crocodile?
  53. five little monkeys
  54. beatrix potter nursery rhymes
  55. a potty for me
  56. no matter what
  57. how do dinosaurs learn their colors
  58. what does bunny see?
  59. chicky chicky chook chook
  60. airplane flight
  61. whats wrong little pooky
  62. your personal penguin
  63. snore dinosaur snore
  64. we're going on a lion hunt
  65. everywhere the cow says moo
  66. where willy went
  67. where the sidewalk ends
  68. the giving tree
  69. runny babbit
  70. falling up
  71. who wants a cheap rhinoceros
  72. a light in the attic
  73. the tale of peter rabbit
  74. the tale of benjamin bunny
  75. the tale of jemina puddle duck
  76. the tale of squirrel nutkin
  77. the tale of tom kitten
Some of our favorites here at home :
  1. hop on pop
  2. dr seus a b c's
  3. one fish two fish red fish blue fish
  4. pat the bunny
  5. the very hungry caterpillar
  6. i love you through and through
  7. how do dinosaurs play with their friends?
  8. God made me
  9. the going to bed book

No comments: