Thursday, February 11, 2010

LOVE

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  It's CRAZY to think that I have been married for 4.5 hears now.  It has been a roller coaster of life experiences and emotions every since Joel and I met 6.5 years ago.  I remember ONE DAY ONLY of knowing Joel and not thinking of him as a great possible, eventual, and now incredible husband.  (I don't remember thinking it on the very first day that we met!) He has never stopped surprising me with his skills, abilities, and desire to grow.  His love has been quite undeserved, and for that I feel indebted!  Joel has transitioned from a hilarious charming 21 year old, to decision maker and committed suitor, to a challenger and encourager, to a faith stretcher and life changer, a loving daddy, a self grower, and without a shadow of doubt....my best friend.  God has blessed us more than were capable of understanding.  

I read a book over a year ago, and as bad as my reading memory is, the phrase - "Holiness vs Happiness" - has not escaped me.  There are definitely moments in marriage where I cling to the desire to become more the like Jesus though trials in the relationship.  But I can say wholeheartedly that there are quite a few more (or at least more memorable) moments when Joel has me laughing so hard I want to pee my pants.  Entering into parenthood has only compounded those experienced of complete joy and unconditional love.  Now not only do I get my husband, but I have a mini Joel running around!  It doesn't get much better than that. :)  

Well, although that was sappy and a bit much for many of you, it was pretty great to recall all the blessings God has given me over the years, through Joel, and to make me stop and pause at all the critical and slightly nagging things that come out of these tips much too often!  I hope you all are able to stop and think of all the gifts you've been given, whether through a spouse, significant other, family, and God's son!  

Enjoy the slideshow, LOVE, of some of the pictures over the past 6.5 years!

No comments: