Monday, March 16, 2015

...

When you enjoy talking better than listening (I'm not proud of this reality), you blog instead of watching TV.  It's been the way I am as long as I can remember. I enjoy TV, and I'll watch it, but it seems like such a waste of time, and I almost get mentally prideful that I don't watch it.  Is that because I'm being productive with my time?  Heavens no.  I window shop on line, I play on pinterest, I recipe hunt, I snoop facebook, and I blog.  I should really think about investing in an activity with more "fruit".  But not tonight. Tonight I'll chat again with you about my day and ignore the fact that Joel's not here to be my sounding board. tear. (Blogging fills up my word quota, and I can't say Joel isn't better off not being held captive by my rambling thoughts)

So we have reached a milestone.  I think it was around 34 of 35 weeks that multiple times in the week I got in conversations with people who didn't realize I was pregnant or we had awkward moments of them wanting to say something but not be sure they should be bold and ask.  Then this week happened. :)  The pants I wore 2 weeks ago with the aid of a hair tie hung open as far as my hips warning me that there was no rubber band strong enough to defy gravity and keep those puppies up.  And the dear woman who asked if I was ready to go anytime because I had to be due soon...Or the grocer who asked if I had help at home or if my bags were light enough to ensure I could get them to the door.  I have arrived at the home of "super pregnant" just in time for departure. My Ultrasound tech doubts he will make it to 8 lbs, but I am beginning to wonder.  My pants don't fit, My shirts dont fit and I am ready to not make heavy signing noises when I bend over. But until then...

Lauras Ground Beef was on sale at the grocery store today for $3.30/lb, so I bought 6!  We have a freezer 1/3 full of cuts of meat that have bones and intimidate me, so I was eager to food prep with the comfortability of ground beef.  I made 2 meat loaves (which is a dinner we never eat, but it seemed easy!), taco meat, sweet potato sloppy joe topping, and steak and veggies.  Besides going to the grocery store successfully 2 different times, we also had a last minute meeting this afternoon, went to an additional store looking for homestead creamery milk (the whole town seems to be out!), and stopped at Dairy Queen for free DQ birthday ice cream cones! 

I. Am. Pooped.

Tomorrow shall be fun!  I'm hoping to tackle my bathrooms after school, do a hair cut, maybe wash the car seat straps and spend an afternoon with friends!  We start soccer practice for Benjamin AND Violet tomorrow evening so we are pretty pumped about that, and I get to end the night with a walk through of the hospital's maternity ward.  It sounds far less overwhelming than today was!

On that note, I might go to bed early. Our days have been so full the kids and I's personal alarm clocks haven't been registering morning until between 7 and 8, and I really would like to scoot that up a bit (for myself!  NOT them.) So in attempt to prove the accuracy of early to bed, earlier to rise...Goodnight!

*update: I have been long declaring my preferred due date as March 28 over April 3... but I think I am switching my wishes to March 21.  Just so you know...

i don't enjoy the personally snapped selfie bumps, and I was too tired to stand up, but here's a little glimpse for the records







No comments: