Tuesday, March 3, 2015

QUOTES

On the way to the Doctors office:
V - Benj (while riding in the car ), wanna look for Hondas?
B - yeah, thats a great idea.
V - Its really kind of hard to see them when they are moving, so I like to look for them stopped.
B - Well, You know School Busses won't be Hondas so you don't have to use your time looking at them, cause they will never be Hondas, right mom?
V - I think I found the most Hondas.  I don't know what number though.
B - Well Violet, this isn't really a game where you count for a big number and be a winner.  You just say when you find one and it makes you feel great.

:) (there is no possible way for me to have typed that verbal exchange as fantastically as it happened!)


Violet's Prayer/Benjamin's response:
V - Thank you God that you love our hearts, and that you are always with us. And thank you that you love us, and are so powerful in our hearts and are so powerful to give us this supper.  And help Daddy be safe and that he's almost done with school and his focus and help Benjamin to not be sick and for Daddy to get better (Daddy hasn't been sick for a long time but she always includes this!) and be with our hearts. In Jesus name Amen.
B - Wow. And thats how you rock it.


Violet at Benjamin's doctor appointment:
Doctor - Hi Benjamin!  Your mom tells me your throats sore!  Does it hurt to swallow your food?
V - hahaha!  Yeah, he's always sooo hungry but not now because he's sooo sick!
B - Well, I don't really know if I've been hungry or not because my throat gets in the way and makes me confused.

Doctor - Wow Benjamin. You are so tall! You take up the whole table!
V - HAHA! no he doesn't!  Look at all the extra room! He's only sort of tall.

Doctor - (to Benjamin)So you should be able to go to school by Wednesday or Thursday.
V - We don't do that, but we are old enough.

Doctor - Mom, is it ok if we get some stickers/suckers for doing such a great job today?
V - (before a response from mom)Benjamin will have a Spiderman sticker and I think I'll get a Snow White or something.

Random:
V - Benjamin who's your favorite humans? Well actually do you just wanna know who my favorite humans are?

B - I cannot leave this (construction paper telescope) here because the people who live here next might just take it, and its not supposed to be theirs. But actually mom, are you just thinking that it will get ruined before then?


*Thank you to Anna Long and other moms who have inspired me to write down some of those hilarious things that spew from their mouths.  Hoping I never forget these long days and FAST years.





No comments: