Thursday, March 5, 2015

Small or too small

Another Day Another Appointment.  Tomorrow I will be 36 weeks along.  Hooray! I'm getting much bigger, much less patient, have much less motivation for anything non baby and am much less reasonable in my reasoning skills.

Take today for example:  I stewed and stewed my last hour of awake time last evening...Scheming about how the events of today would play out.  I don't have a vehicle on Wednesdays and Fridays, so I am much less "fly by the seat of my pants" than I would care to be.  My "to do" list (which is actually much more accurately described as a "could do" list) involved Target take backs, Walmart hospital essentials, Costco cravings, Kroger grocery shopping and an OB appointment.  oh...and I was going to try to squeeze in a coffee date with a dear friend and might have forgot to include feeding my children (including the one in my tummy).  My window of time was 6.5 hours due to dropping Daddy off at school, and getting home before the ice attacked the roads.  The coffee date was an attempt to be a nice break in the middle.

Well, we dropped Daddy off at school and then took off...The day didn't start off well when we got to Costco at 9:35 and IT DIDNT OPEN UNTIL 10:00AM!  Are you kidding me?!  I had our entire day charted out with arrival times/departure times and now I had a weird 25 minute block of time to work with.  Well, we made do and got to the OB appointment 5 minutes early (which is actually 10 minutes later than they ask...) After the appointment I had only one more needed stop, to the grocery store.  We have lots of potential ice tonight and if Joel goes to work tomorrow, I won't have the car, so it was a must.  I realized we were all ravenously hungry at 12:30 so we had a quick bite to eat in the "chef on the run" department (thats what they call their buffet!) and tried to "quickly" do our shopping.  Pause.  I think it is important to reflect at this time on what events all had taken place since 9:15.  We took daddy to school, went to Costco, went to Target, swung by Walmart, went back to Costco (where we waited FOREVER in line) flew to my doctor appointment (and by that I mean our car went the speed limit while our mind raced on if we would be late), and finally ate at 12:30ish.  That might be a normal day for ya'll but after that, there is no hurrying for this hippo momma.  I couldn't remember where anything was in the grocery store.  I just walked around aimlessly speaking harshly under my breath about why grocery stores only contain chemicals, food coloring, sugar and raw meat.  Needless to say, it wasn't really a "quick" stop.  We finally got home around 2:40, after picking up a husband...who was famished, because I also forgot that he would need lunch.  (thankfully coffee didn't work out for either my friend or I and neither of us had to feel bad about canceling)

All in all it was a good day.  Great strides were taken in getting my "could do" list "done".  Benjamin and Violet were fabulous (their new thing is to be angels when we are out and about and save their less pleasant selves for when we are home...or maybe its just that momma is less patient at home?! hmm. never mind. )

However, whats up with the Title of this post: Small or Too Small. Although my appointment went well, we scheduled another ultrasound next Wednesday.  This baby is really into glamor shots.  I think I had convinced myself that Bear was HUGE.  A couple appointments he was just over average, his movements are so strong, my uterus is such a pansy and none of my shirts fit.  In my head he is a giant!  Well, I guess the last three appointments he has measured small ( 1 - 2 weeks small) so next week we go in to determine if he is small, or too small.  Small is fine, and actually excites my pre-pushing self.  Too small means that we are concerned that he might not be getting all the nutrients he needs which means my Placenta is quitting before the end of the game.  In this case, they would determine if I needed much more frequent stress tests, ultrasounds and possibly scheduled delivery between 37 and 39 weeks.  In the meantime I'll just make sure he stays wiggly, and look forward to Wednesday.

Well, thats enough rambling from this crazy lady.  Pray for Benjamin and Violet as they put up with my craziness.  Pray for Joel as he tries to focus on his mind boggling list of responsibilities the next 4 weeks, for doctors that they accurately access my history and measurements and pray for baby that God gives him growth at a perfect speed and a delivery in His perfect timing!

GoodNight to all!

No comments: