Wednesday, March 11, 2015

record keeping details

In the excitement of the day I forgot to record a couple of details.  Bear is about 6.5 lbs and 55% for his gestational age.  He had his first photo op with no interest of impressing us with anything besides his stats.  He is so low and sizable that good ultrasounds are tricky, but they were impossible when he decided to cover his face with his hands, and sometimes his hands and feet...the WHOLE time.  She even procrastinated a while waiting for him to move positions (movement has NEVER been a problem) but he was having NONE of it.  She didn't want to predict if I would be likely to go into labor early, but she did say that it was very unlikely that I would have an 8 lb baby.  She guesses 7.5 (and that makes me think she estimates 2 weeks).

I thought they would check effacement and dilation today but because I am 36 and 5 days, and not 37 she wasn't going to without my specific request.  And now that I know he's growing well, I want him to wait 2 more weeks, so the less interference the better! (as hard as it was to turn down being checked.  I just like information!)

My mood is greatly improved the last 48 hours.  Mostly due to Sunshine and an "ah ha!" moment that these are my last days with JUST B&V.  They deserve our last few weeks of uninterrupted time to be happy!  

Ok, my Raspberry Leaf tea is getting cold, so I'd better go!  until next time...

No comments: