Sunday, March 1, 2015

Our week(s) in pictures

Hey all!  I'll try to stay focused as I gather thoughts and construct sentences but I can't look down towards the screen without catching Bears limbs sticking out nearly an inch past my stomachs new form.  I've said it before and I'm guessing I will say it the rest of his life...He's crazy!

As some of you may know I am blessed with the opportunity to grow more appreciation for my husbands general involvement in our life, by getting to experience life without him....kind of for a month.  Law Review is the culprit again (along with end of the year projects, Job applications, Bar Applications, 150 hours this semester at a law firm near the ocean front and a little bit of sleep) and will be officially DONE with EIC duties around the 2nd week of April - about a week after baby Bears due date. He's gone about 14-16 hours a day and as I told him earlier,  in the scheme of all of law school we now know that we can successfully be stressed for just 4 or 5 weeks. :)  I'm so proud of him I could burst, and truly think we are coming out this season of life having matured a ton, we've been wowed by God's care for EVERY aspect of life, fallen more in love with each other and in love with God who has a pretty big plan for the unknown days of our lives. With an absent hubby, a village full of sick families, and a personality that stinks on the phone my word tank is VERY full at the end of a day but so is my love tank.  God has been helping my heart be so full of thanks for and in this seasons of life as well as what is to come.  My patience with my littles may be at an all time low (sorry Benjamin and Violet) but my hope for Grace and excitement to watch it dispersed is at an all time HIGH.


So as I anxiously await my baby and desperately wish I could hold him in my arms instead of my belly, I'm also grateful.  Grateful baby Bear is healthy.  Grateful baby isn't here and that Joel hasn't missed anything besides bathroom trips and more nesting projects (he actually has done quite a bit considering his schedule!) And Grateful I am physically able to be a "normal" 8+ month pregnant lady.  I'm probably more winey now than I was during my first and second trimester, and that is so exciting and so sad - happy that things are so great and sad that my perspective took no time in being nearsighted and forgetful of how far we've come.
*mental note: find a way to remember the wonder and gift of life*

Well, I've already alluded to how scattered my brain is with the mammoth stack of information I want to spew (notice I said that I am dying to share it, and not that it would be interesting to receive!) and as boring as my news is, these pictures help:

Benjamin and Violet can't come out of their rooms until 7:00.  They are AMAZING at playing by themselves until 8:00. However this is a CLEAN version of what their rooms look like before breakfast time.  The only solution I can think of is to hide all their toys (which can't happen because we don't have room) or to be super involved from 7:00-8:00 and help them fill their time with organized activities (which can't happen because I haven't had my coffee until 7:30 and I'm usually quite busy cleaning up from the day before, making breakfast and starting the laundry)  This is probably going to get worse when the babe arrives, isn't it?!

Joel and I wanted to get a memory piece for the baby we lost last February.  Joel surprised me with this perfect custom ring last month and I love it quite a bit!
My first attempt at homemade bread

Here is the finished product...that I might be a little proud of :)

She is so funny. Violet makes us laugh every day, and hopefully she is soaking at least a fraction of her "school" as she distracts us, perplexes us and makes me feel quite bipolar everyday; switching back and forth from feeling so blessed to watch her learn, and pulling my hair out experiencing its challenges!

My advice for new moms: 1) Limit screen time when possible and give yourself Grace when it's not. 2) Don't be afraid of messes, but do your babes a favor and make them help clean it up.  3) Pray earnestly about your decisions so that when you change your mind you see it as new direction from God rather than feeling Guilt or failure. 4) Play Eye Spy. In the grocery store.  In the doctors office.  Waiting for anything... 5) Pray your kids love audio books.

Monkey See.  Monkey Do.  Unfortunately this may have only been the 2nd or 3rd time she had ever seen momma do this...

Benjamin's first spelling test. He had seen the spelling words at sometime in the last year, but we didn't review or memorize.  I just wanted to see where he was at.  We did this three days in a row, and then we began reviewing the words we spelled incorrectly. When we focus our retention is amazing...
When.We.Focus.
As the week went on, our focus dwindled.  Even when he had a good attitude, it was as if he was starting into space.  So Pray for me as I attempt to up my interest factor this week.  Suggestions welcome.  

Violet nesting

Momma nesting

So Much Snow the last 2 weeks!

35 weeks

I thought I remembered him measuring big around 32 weeks.  But at 34 weeks she said he was measuring small and that at 33 weeks he had just been 45th percentile.  So I will ask for some clarification on that all tomorrow. I think that it is possible he has "dropped" and so the measurement isn't completely accurate?!


She's about to start her first season of soccer.  Watch out world.  She's got game.
(she'd rather take pictures than kick)
(she found mommas spa socks and wore them better than I ever have!)

More bread.  Because.

Quiet time: reading and talking on the phone

Our sad face of the day.  He woke up under the weather, and went farther and farther down hill as the day progressed.  He went to bed with a stuffy nose, swollen glands, a 101 temperature, Night time decongestant and Tylenol.  Any advice for tomorrow is appreciated!


No comments: