Monday, September 29, 2014

drama part 5

I wrote just a short while ago that I was planning on calling today to check on my activity level recommendations.  That WAS the plan.  Then around 8:00, before 8:15 when the office opens, I bent over to get my offspring breakfast.  As I reached back to the far corner of the fridge I sneezed (a pregnancy symptom of anything I smell).  It was a mighty force, and I suddenly found myself on all fours, partly in the fridge, and unable to move.  I tried to crawl, but my back was in such disarray that I yelled for Benjamin to get me my phone.  My first "phone a friend" attempt reached the voicemail, and I quickly hung up and asked my 5 yr old helper to tie up his robe and knock on the neighbors door.  Our sweet neighbor family quickly arrived and helped me to the couch and got the kids OJ.  I was a blubbering mess of anger at the sneeze, comic relief at the seemingly answer to my prayer about knowing how much to say "no", and regret that I just didn't lay low voluntarily the last 4 days without being laid out "flat on my back".

Fast forward 4.5 hours and I am now much better.  I still can't get up and sit down on my own, and my lower back is in enormous amounts of pain, but my spirits are good and I am waiting till my chiropractor gets back from lunch to get adjusted.

I talked to my OB and barring mobility returns to this hot mess of a lady, she clarified my functioning instructions.  SIT when my stomach begins tightening/contracting, and do less than I am.  If someone else can run errands, stay home.  Chose 5 or 10 minute prep dinners over 50 minute dinners.  Give instructions to the kids to pick up their room, but don't do it myself.  DO LESS.

So there we have it.  I don't like it.  But i'm grateful for this babe, and grateful for friends and family and for the Divine sneeze that make activity not an option.  Annoyed, but grateful.


No comments: