Thursday, September 25, 2014

Strike One

"Take it easy"  and "Don't do anything you don't have to" may be the most cruel suggestions by a physician to a patient.  "Stay in Bed", is hard but understandable.  "Don't exert yourself" is imaginable...But don't do anything you don't have to"??????

Well, I failed today.  I was afraid that I just imagined the doctor didn't want me to do anything, and my pride cringed at the thought that I would sit on the couch for the week, and when I go check in next thursday, they would snicker that I had been so unnecessarily lazy. I completely distorted my husbands instructions of "don't go on walks, and don't lift anything more than 10 lbs", and instead heard, "Do everything except exercising and heavy lifting...".  (I honestly have a weird pregnancy habit of hearing 10% of what people actually say, and 90% of what I fear they said)

To my credit, I did ask a friends help to move furniture to vacuum, and I took about 1.5 hrs to read/nap and I realized my errors of the day and have been sitting since 8:00pm. But my sore abdomen and uneasy feeling, have called for a public admission of guilt and a promise to my little one to do "as little as possible" tomorrow. So heres to Mission: Baby Growing.  I will accept my mission, and try to be good at it :)

No comments: