Sunday, September 28, 2014

resting and (w)riting

I think I last wrote EARLY Saturday morning (3:30am?) when my body refused to sleep...Friday was great, Saturday's schedule was packed, but nothing too physically strenuous.

For about a week? (maybe just since Wednesday), I started to feel tweaks and twinges.  Not painful, but not comfortable.  Then in the last 36 hours I started to notice that my stomach felt tight.  At first I celebrated because I associated it with feeling/looking like I was actually pregnant and not like I ate too many rolls.  But this morning I processed that it wasn't a constant feeling.  I would be aware of it, and then 5 or 10 minutes later it would be gone.  After lunch I did laundry and picked up a few rooms and notice it felt super tight.  I sat down and after a while it dissipated.  I started to look through the paperwork the hospital had sent me home with, and of course it was all generic things I had already read on "the bump" and "what to expect".  But I saw a code to access my chart on line, and checked it out.  Much to my dismay, there were no pictures of Ultrasounds or personal instructions (specifics about my activity level or a reminder of the vague details of the scenario) but I let myself google things about sub chorionic hemorrhaging and the possibilities made my head spin a little more than it has so far...

I guess with large bleeds like this, pre-term labor is a mater of concern, and with a feeling that kept being easily described as "my stomach is contracting, like a balloon got blown up just a bit", it didn't help me relax.

So that has been my Sunday.  I've been pretty stationary for the last few hours and plan do the same tomorrow, as well as call the OB to just get clarification on a few things and to have them help me rest easy about my tightness.  I feel as though I've worried considerable LESS than one normally would in this reality, until today, and now I just need a DR to tell me if the worry has finally caught up with me, or if there is reason to be uneasy.

But on a really happy note, I'm feeling lots of baby kicks...not the kind you can feel from the outside but undeniably movement from my peanut. :) so as concerned as I may be about pre term labor, I am quite confident that this babe is unaware of its non-secure living quarters. :)
Ignorance is bliss I guess :)

No comments: