Monday, September 29, 2014

JOY

Hey ya'll.  Don't judge me for my quantity of posts.  My activities of late include time in the Word, football, puzzles, occasional trips to the potty and posts.  It would include a lot more reading to Benjamin and Violet, but I always say something like this: "Momma wants to read books!  Go make your bed and pick out as many as you want." and the chore seems to turn into quite the fan fare as Benjamin hops around yelling, "for every job that must be done there are things of fun", and the haven't quite seemed to make it back to me for book time :)

This post is to take note of Joy in the last 24+ hours.  Let me name a couple reasons why...

  • I haven't bled since Sunday morning.  This is the longest stretch in a month.  A.MA.ZING.
  • Benjamin and Violet haven't fought more than one or two crabby sentences all day...and maybe even longer.  Their obedience of mommas requests isn't spot on, but mostly because they start having fun, and no attempt to focus.  Having Daddy home this afternoon and tonight hopefully helped that!
  • My community is beyond exceptional.  I'm starting to receive some offers to help with meals, and getting some help to pop over and help with pick up, or B & V or laundry...etc.  The Village is amazing as is my Trinity Church Family.  
  • This dull ache is great to prevent me from over doing it.  I make it a to get a drink or go to the bathroom before I'm done.  And if thats whats best for baby, then I'm glad for it
  • All four of us LOVE to do puzzles.  We just got done with a 500 piece and just started a 200 piece.  It is my favorite.  It makes conversations flow and is such a home mood booster. (maybe thats because the essential oil diffuser is close to the puzzle table!)  Its so fun.
  • Violet is her Daddy's girl.  Meaning that no one can make her laugh like Daddy, and she is the only one who makes us laugh as hard as Daddy.  Her puzzle enthusiasm waxes and wanes but she seldom leaves the table, rather just sits at the end cracking jokes and making Benjamin erupt with the deepest belly laugh and its not long before I have joined in the chorus of giggles. 
  • My giant bit of Joy for this evening is my husband who's schedule is at its climax of business,  but takes time to snuggle with B and V and washed all of my day old dishes.  He's more than just a keeper :) 
  • And lastly God has been faithful to help me see his faithful care, and kept my baby healthy.  
I'm in pain, and I'm a little curious for the next two weeks of my inabilities and Joels demands, but I am filled with Joy that as Joel said, "He thought us worthy of the challenge", and I get to watch and see how He shows his love.  

I'm exhausted, and hope you have a great night!

No comments: