Saturday, September 27, 2014

Friday for the Win

I already shared that Thursday and I didn't do well at taking it easy, but what I didn't share was how grouchy I was at my kiddos and how disobedient they were in return. It was awful! I like to grade myself ( usually when talking to Joel) and usually I give myself A+s except when I'm terrible I get demoted to an A...well thursday was an F.

Well despite my lack of necessary prayer I must have had some intercession because after Thursday it was like Friday was wrapped in Gold and kept getting better.  We woke up to an eager 5 yr old begging daddy to go fishing, and as soon as the boys left Violet and I got busy painting some lady bugs on her fingers and toes:) than we read about half a dozen books and sat down and worked on the ongoing 500 pice puzzle hat has taken over our table! The boys brought back some coffee and treats and after more puzzling the kids and I went on the most relaxed 3 hour errand trip ever.  I have cancelled most things on the calendar for a few days/weeks so we lolligagged around the dollar store, mailed some packages and spent over an hour in walmart.  It wasn't horizontal rest, but it was slow and stress free. We came back with Clorox bleach wipes and kids eager to comply to a deal to get out of quiet time: clean for mom and I'll read books and do puzzle with you instead of naps. Win for all:)

Then after a sweet time with my littles my friend popped over and moved some heavy things for me(the clutter in my house was driving me batty) and I sat with the kids at the park.  Our sitter arrived at 5:00 and Joel and I got a night out for dinner to process the week and actually get quality time that wasn't car time on the way to an ultrasound! (Those have been our date activity for about a month! Joel had a talk with me and peanut that we could stop having emergencies in I order to get attention.HA!)
Our favorite babysitter and friend had the kids all ready for bed when we got home and after a couple dishes, we relaxed on the couch and went to bed early! Maybe not as activity free as some would advise but it was good getting out of the house so it's projects weren't "yelling at me" and great to hang out with my children without a time crunch and hollering for them to hurry.  Instead I got to shuffle around walmart while eating fresh baked bread for lunch - that we hadn't yet bought, and sit at the puzzle table for QT laughing with Benjamin while we listened to Violets pretend story about her toy alligator comforting her puzzle pieces that she would try to make it not hurt when she ate them:)

Here's to day 2 (Saturday) of going places to sit and relax.
(Physical update: still bleeding and it's brighter than I would like, but it's not heavy)

#cantwaitforthursday #thursdayequalsultrasoundcheckup

No comments: