Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas haters, stay away.

Well, its November 12th, and it finally feels like fall outside.  Normally by this time of the year, I'm begging Joel to let me listen to Christmas music, and put up decorations.  This year, I've just been thinking about if I can get away with short sleeves outside, and have barely thought about my coat!

Well, ready or not, the holidays are near, and as of 30 seconds ago, I'm allowing myself to begin listening to Christmas music.  I'm normally a "not till the week of Thanksgiving" rule person...(Although I usually make exceptions), but this year I'm afraid that with the warm weather, the arrival of Miss Littler, my sisters new baby in Dec, our unusual holiday schedule (see - before mentioned babies :) among other things, Christmas is going to get altogether ignored.  And this is devestating because it usually is my happiest time of year!  So as of today, I'm welcoming Peppermint Flavored mochas, Christmas music, and I might even watch a holiday movie or two.

I haven't been dealing with life's stresses  very well the last week or two, and that is probably a large reason for my desire for holiday cheer.  I consider myself a pretty reasonable pregnant woman.  I don't hate being pregnant like some do, and I don't think I'm that overly moody...till month 9 that is.  But now 8 1/2 months pregnant, I've lost it.  I cry all the time, and things that have been manageable for months or year, or my whole life for that matter, are suddenly the end of the world and need to get fixed right now.  So for the sake of my sanity, my children, my marriage, and happiness, LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! - or at least we can sing about it :)

<em>MercyMe</em> - The <em>Christmas</em> Sessions [Audio CD]
Favorite Christmas CD EVER!

1 comment: