Friday, November 5, 2010

little miss complicated...kind of










These are 3 variates of the diaper bag I want.  I'm thankful that I can afford about a $40 bag...but lamenting that these cost $130ish.






3 weeks and 4 Days to go until my Due Date.
CRAZY!

Today I had my 36 week apt.  I think I've gained around 17 lbs, I'm measuring 36 weeks, I'm dilated to a 1 and a 1/2, and am 50% effaced.  

Now for the curve ball of the day.  I jokingly said that I wanted this little girl to arrive on the 19th, and a few minutes later my OB shocked me by saying, "well the 19th is a bit too early, but I'll induce you the 23rd if you want."  So, I'm left with the decision of - what to do!what to do!  Here are my thoughts:
  • I had a great pregnancy/delivery last time...a natural progression of 1-5 cm with "intense" but bearable contractions from 5 a.m.-10:30a.m.ish...and then an epidural, hourish nap, and pushing for an hour or less...and there he was!
  • I don't want to be getting home from the hospital on Thanksgiving day.  If it wasn't too early, on the 19th or 20th, I would have time to still do something for Thanksgiving...but the 23rd????
  • If anything didn't well, I would always be angry at myself, thinking that it was my fault for not being patient.

  • I would LOVE for Joel to have 5 days with us before students come back.(vs waiting till the 30th when students are already back from break)
  • I would really like to be able to make plans for Benjamin in advance...a little more controlled situation makes me feel good)
  • I would like to not be pregnant much longer
  • I would like knowing Dr. Beer was going to deliver my baby
  • I would like to not have to decide if we were going to travel on thanksgiving with me being pregnant...if we decide not to, I may as well have the baby early and at least have a baby instead of being sad that we're not with family (we already decided we can't go to MN, but we might end up not doing Sully either. sad. )
So there you have it.  I have more "pros" than "cons", but a couple of bigger "cons" that seem to even it out.  Thankfully we have a couple days to decide.  The other decision is whether to schedule an apt for next week.  I'm technically supposed to be going every week, but my OB is home with her kids next week, and I would have to see someone else.  I don't mind, but she said its not essential that I go.  That makes me not want to take the time to go, have them tell me "you're weight is great, your measuring great...any questions? no? o.k., bye!"  On the other hand, if I was suddenly dilated to a 3, and 75% effaced, it would make the induction decision a little easier.  Wow, I'm obviously not good at making decisions lately.  (And when others try to make them for me, I automatically want the other choice!)

I don't have a lot to complain about in the grand scheme of things.  She is super wiggly, and that makes me pretty uncomfortable sometimes.  Sleeping isn't going that great, and it doesn't help that Benjamin has had a cold and interrupting what little sleep I can find.  I've started gaining weight a lot more noticeably (on the scale and in the mirror!)  I am drinking a coffee a day, and maybe retaining more water.  Also, rather than salads and fruit that I craved the first 6.5 months, I want meat and potatoes, and ice cream.  :)  My OB thinks that this little girl is long and lean, and her mommy thinks she is either very strong or very bony!

Well feel free to comment and give advice on what to do about Little Miss's arrival.  Who knows!  She might just decide to come the 19th on her own! (stop flipping out mom - sheila.)





2 comments:

Sarah said...

don't induce! don't induce! don't induce! from experiencing both ways of labor, letting your body naturally go into it is BY FAR the easiest on you during labor!(you are thrown into intense labor right away when induced cause your body isn't ready for it). I'm allllllll for spontaneous labor. I know it's easy for me to say it not being pregnant, but having Roman the day after Thanksgiving almost 2 years ago... who cares. Don't go anywhere around that time (or do if you feel fine) and just take it easy. God knows the plans he has for you and that little girl! Let Him have control over it.

*stepping off soap box*
love you!

Unknown said...

I agree with the above post by Sarah! don't induce!

I also have experienced it both ways and being patient made for a much smoother delivery! But- I also understand that you want to enjoy Thanksgiving with family! Christmas was my big reason for inducing with Mary.

Ultimately Tori, you & Joel have to decide! And I can't wait to meet, Miss Lewicki :)

Praying for you~
Julie