Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday November 19th

Miss Littler,
Well today is the day I originally said I wanted you to arrive.  I have definitely had a lot of contractions, but none that are labor producing.  Some might say that you're just too cozy to leave, but by your constant stretching and vicious movements, I have a hard time believing that your comfy.  I for sure am not, and tonight you've been playing around a nerve that is making me want to cry.  I won't keep requesting that you come out this weekend, if you just leave that nerve alone!

Today I had my 39 week apt and we made the decision that if you don't surprise us with your presence this weekend, we'll induce labor on Tuesday.  There are a lot of reasons for our final decision and I feel uncharacteristically calm about it.  My body/cervix is looking extremely favorable for induction, and my OB is extremely confident in the decision.  There are always "what ifs" and unpredictable situations, but in my case there aren't really any more negative possibilities one way or the other.  I'm excited to see you, I'm excited to not be pregnant, I'm excited to have Dr. Beer deliver you, I'm excited to show you off Thanksgiving weekend, and I'm excited to have a plan for your brother so that for two days I can just fall in love with you, and know that he's very well cared for!  With my specific pregnancy she thinks I have about a 35% chance of needing pitocin, and I think I had it with Benjamin and did just fine.  I have extremely low odds of having delivery end up with a C-Section, and that makes me feel great.  The final straw was how much Dr. Beer really wants to be the one to deliver you, and I loved having her deliver Benjamin so I'm excited for her to help me welcome you!

I celebrated having made a decision with some downtown deli for lunch, and this afternoon your brother and I just hung out, did some laundry and made cookies for your dad and a college student.  We chose a new (2nd) color finish for the floor downstairs, and it is much better.  I'm excited to get it finished!

Our original plan was to go to some friends house for the evening, but all our kiddos were kinda sickly and rather than pass it back and forth, we decided to just postpone.  Then we made a trip to Altoona (35 minutes) to get some more paint, and get your dad a jacket.  Our night was very low keyed and after Dad finished the floor, and we ate some homemade pizza, we read to Benjamin, put him to bed, and started a puzzle (with yummy tea and Christmas music).  We found out we were missing some of the edge pieces so we quit the puzzle project, but it was fun for a while!

We have a little more work to down stairs, and a double date tomorrow night to one of my favorite restaurants so if you want you can come tomorrow but even better you could come late tomorrow night or Sunday- that would be awesome.  No pressure.
See you soon!
momma

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to meet her! I'm going to send a couple of things with Bethany and Keysha this weekend so you'll hopefully have them for when she comes home! I'll be praying for you!

Kristin said...

yayyyy!!!!!! so excited for you guys and can't wait for miss littler to come into this world!!! What a beautiful joy and blessing! :)