Friday, October 17, 2014

Baby book updates

As I frequently write the original purpose of this blog was because I am horrible at keeping up with a baby book.  No, It doesn't make sense that I will type things on here, but not take the time record them in a much cuter methodical book...but it is what it is.  On to the current facts...

I am 16 weeks pregnant. I don't know how I feel about that number.  it seems pretty early still.  16 is a small number.  Yet, its close to 20, and 20 weeks is right by Christmas.  And Christmas break is when I plan to get all our pre-packing done for the big move. and after Christmas break, its the middle of January, and then V-day...and then baby.  Thank goodness for March, because March has ALWAYS seemed like the longest month of the year.  its yucky outside.  I'm usually depressed with post holiday/weather blues.  and March is my lost hurrah to pack/clean or whatever else floats my boat before baby.  So I guess after typing all that it still seems like a long ways...

I cannot tell you how I am feeling because I don't know.  I'm not horribly nauseous.  However this morning I went about 13 hours without eating, and didn't feel well.  overall this has been a very easy pregnancy on my tummy - compared to others.  I don't have cramping everyday, but I did for an hour or two today.  I dislike cramping for so many reasons - fear of the baby, discomfort and what it does to my mood.  It makes me very short with Benjamin and Violet and is largely to blame for their attitudes as of late.  My follow through for instructions is very poor, and they have figured it out...So then when i start to feel better, I am frustrated and tired and tend to get quite upset at continued disobedience.  I ask for prayer for Grace that I don't ruin them.

I am still bleeding.  I think (this opinion is quite weak, as my memory is poor and I tend to make proclamations after just a small pattern of events) that I have noticed brighter one time bleeding in the morning, and then legitimate spotting the rest of the day.  possibly the last 3 days?!  I am noticing I am edgy all morning and so close to going in for an ultrasound to check lil peanut out, and then I take long enough to decide what to do, that I start to notice ive all but stopped bleeding...and then it starts over the next day.  we are now going on 7 weeks of bleeding.  Because the bleeding and cramping have slowed down so much, I am back to many activities.  For Joel's peace of mind, I usually take a friend to run errands, but other than heavy lifting I am back to day to day tasks.  I take more rests than before, but I'm just trying to "listen to my baby", about how much to do.  two more weeks till my doctor apt seems like an eternity!

I feel like I'm showing quite a bit for 16 weeks, and really popped after 13. I have gained a few pounds but am not sure how much technically speaking.  I weighed myself every morning this week, because I was confused by my once a week numbers.  its between 3.5 and 6.  Yesterday was 3ish, and today was a 6.  The numbers go up and down quite frequently! I look like I've gained triple that, but I'm not really getting worked up about it.  Its actually my favorite part about pregnancy.  I find weight interesting to record, but I don't really care about the # in the end.  even my 30lb? weight difference Between V and B was largely due to different cravings.  Watermelon tends to have a different effect than potato cheese and bacon EVERYTHING! :)  This baby is an apple, cheese and cracker baby.  Daily, Violet and I consume 3-4 apples and equivalent amnts of cheese and crackers.  LOVE it.

Violet is coming up with baby names every day.  Usually they are made up words, but others include: Flower baby, Sunshine, June, and baby Violet.

Also, I'm feeling baby kicks.  I claimed to feel flutters around 13 weeks, which I knew was CRAZY early, and unlikely that they were true kicks, but I cannot disclaim the fact that I was feeling something.  and the past 3 days, I would swear by it.  especially at the end of the day when I sit.  Like right now :)

Well thats all for now.  its a good think i sit a drink a lot of a water, because I usually nod off at sometime in my posts, and awaken to an urge to pee :) and with that note...goodnight!

No comments: