Thursday, October 2, 2014

Why I Write...

I'm a verbal processor, and thats tricky.  Over time I've learned how vulnerable it makes you to start declaring ideas or emotions before they are proven or declared the "correct emotion".  However keeping things inside, for a verbal processor means that much doesn't get processed, and having not traveled to the correct emotional/spiritual/physical place you may even appear more foolish in the end than if you had just talked your way through it.  So what does that have to do with life right now?

Well, whether its a good idea or not, it is making me oh so thankful for creations like blogging.  Because the reality is that you all have crazy busy lives.  Sometimes I don't think the amount of people I want to communicate with are the same amount of people who care to hear the whole story and also, I am terrible at communicating on the phone!  I talk at the same time as the other person, the lack of eye contact make my mind wander and not follow conversation well, and its just not effective for me!  So blogging helps me share with those who want to read, and not bore all others. It also gives me boldness to share whole thoughts and write again 48 hours later that I've changed my mind, or feeling, or found reality.  Its like a journal with living pages.  Its not everyones cup of tea, but then again neither is a "relaxing" day at the mall, or a silent fishing trip or all the million things that make us different!  So thanks to those who sometimes read my ramblings, and validate my ever changing emotions, and I'm more than ok with those who don't.  I too like writing better than reading :)

No comments: