Saturday, October 4, 2014

Quick recap

Yesterday and Today, Friday and Saturday, were quite amazing.  Joel and the great Law Review team were putting on a symposium this weekend, so it had potential to be terrible.  But some fairies came my way, and the two days went by quite swiftly.

I woke up in a poor mood Friday, but had three visits from good friends, one who spent the afternoon and joined us for dinner from a dear member of my church.  Time went quickly, and the kids were helpful all day.  I felt very crampy/sore all afternoon and evening, and bled heavier than I like, but it was still good (Isn't it disturbing that I have a level of those things that I AM comfortable with?!)

Saturday came and a fellow law wife that I have met once or twice offered to stop by in the morning and just do life with us for the day.  At first I felt weird about it, and didn't want her to waste her whole day if I didn't actually need her the whole day. I tried to give her easy ways out, but she assured me she was really free and didn't let me talk her out of coming.  I now can't believe I even tried.  It was like a little fairy came and sprinkled fairy dust over our whole home.  She helped with the kids at B's soccer game, she cleaned up lunch (which was provided from another fairy friend), she helped me wash my sheets and put away the mountain of clothes in the bed room.  She cleaned my shower, and vacuumed my floor...and thats just scratching the surface!  Most of all she was such encouragement and amazing conversation  as the day went on.  Having just been through a very life altering event herself, there was camaraderie in the highs and lows we face and views of God in them both.  We were able to share really raw un polished feelings and it was medicine for the soul.  She is more than welcome back even if she doesn't scrub anything next time :)

Well, I just wrote the last three sentances with my eyes closed because i'm so very tired, so I just probably stop.  Good night all!

No comments: