Wednesday, October 8, 2014

the little things are important too :)

With all the craziness of the first trimester of this much anticipated baby, I have neglected to record anything similar to things I wrote down for Benjamin and Violet.  I guess they seemed "non-issues" as I've been pre-occupied with if we can find a heart beat, bleeding source, pre-term labor fears...ect...

Well, I feel hopeful, happy and nostalgic tonight so lets get some history in writing :)  Here's how things have been going:


  • I never threw up.  Not even close.  Not even the feeling of, "I want to feel better and throwing up might help, but i'll try not to..."  Smells make me sneeze, and there were about 4 weeks that I would just walk away from them, but never toilet worthy.  I think about a half a dozen times I gave Joel a very concerning look from an oder.  And my stomach didn't like it, but it wasn't "dangerous" :) score.
  • I was dead.tired. week 3-14, and then its like a switch turned off and I want to live again.  I am tired, don't get me wrong, but its "I had a big day" tired, (even while sitting on the couch growing a baby can be hard work!) and not, I don't care if I die tired...This is very good for my children because my "trigger" times were 1:00pmish and 7:00 pmish and if anyone tried to talk to me around those times, it was a regrettable experience!  But then *poof*, I got better :)
  • I "popped" this last week or two (13-15)  who knows if it was natural baby growing or a result of yummy delivered meals and no walking allowed...but the baby has visibly arrived!  My wardrobe also greatly expanded when My friend brought a bag of maternity clothes over...jackpot!  I have now worn real pants, all day.  I am no longer confined to leggings, and Thank goodness, because things were not getting pretty.  my shirts weren't quite long enough to cover my booty, and things just needed a little help!
  • I'm still bleeding.  its not scary, but its unsettling and ever present.:/
  • Violet is obsessed with all things baby.  for part of everyday she has a toy/baby/stuffed animal up her shirt, and she is fascinated by the idea that babies get milk from their mommas.  I have explained this process to her, and I have caught her duplicating the act of nursing many times.  She is intrigued to say the least :)
  • Benjamin will say he just wants a boy or girl/ healthy baby...but when I tell him that I have a guess that its a boy (my lack of sickness) he gets a tiny bit sad, and says something about really wanting another sister.  I am trying to present that maybe he likes the idea of a sister because he has so much fun with violet, but maybe he doesn't know how much fun a brother would be!  Then he reminds me that really only God knows, and I concede that he is absolutely right.  My Gut is VERY unreliable and only God knows the answer to our mystery! 
To go against point 2, I have written a great deal of this post with my eyes close, and then stopped typing because of a momentary lapse into a state of sleep, so I should probably be done for now.  So fun to feel well, and fun finding all the blessings that God is making known while our little one grows!

No comments: